Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Paganfest is Coming!

PAGANFESTPAGANFEST is upon us! This Friday at Empire (Springfield, VA) and Saturday at Ottobar, go partake in a good old pagan celebration to the folk metal tunes of Korpiklaani (the definitive folk metal band to drink to), Turisas, Chthonic, Varg, and Winterhymn with Yesterday's Saint's being the local support for this leg of the tour.

There is literally no better way than the pagan way to party. I'm a little sad they don't have Tyr with them this year... they were awesome and had some of the best shirts out of everyone in my opinion (they stuck true to the pagan theme with their merch, and being a pagan, those were some shirts I could really stand behind.. or, you know, wear), but Korpiklaani is so much fun and you can't not have a big fucking smile on your face when they're playing their set. Plus I love the vocalist's attitude... he started smoking a cig onstage a couple years ago in a big, friendly "fuck you" to the rules of the venue. I want to go out drinking with those guys!

Chthonic is also pretty badass, and Turisas is good. Honestly though, I would've much preferred Arkona to be in Varg's place, but they're busy touring overseas. Oh well. Hopefully they'll come visit us soon.

You can get your tickets for a bit of a discount here via Yesterday's Saints to make sure your local opener gets a little well-deserved compensation, or if they've run out, you can pick them up for $25 ($30.50 after fees) here via Amped and Alive.

I'm really, really hoping I can make it to this! Hopefully you can too, and I'll be seeing you there!


<< back to Metal News

No comments:

Post a Comment